Valorisation Manager, Infectious diseases & environmental health
In the framework of its Industrial Research Fund (IOF) and in support of applied research the Antwerp University Association (AUHA) is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy as Valorisation Manager for the IOF Valorisation domain Infectious diseases & environmental health with specific focus on the infectious diseases subdomain.
Scientific-thematic, the focus of the valorisation domain research is focused on the multidisciplinary study of infectious diseases (ranging from preclinical research to clinical studies) with specific attention to the prevention and treatment of bacterial, parasitic and viral infections.
- From your valorization management function, you are responsible for insuring and further developing the ecosystem within this Valorisation domain with the intention of:
– guarantee, maintain and stimulate cooperation with industry;
– building up a knowledge and IP portfolio of potential valorizable interest to industry;
– exploring new opportunities for collaboration and valorisation.
- You will collaborate with industry to explore opportunities for new research topics with the aim of capitalizing upon the existing expertise in the IOF valorisation domain.
- As a member of the IOF valorisation domain, you further expand the ecosystem of infectious diseases with other faculties / departments / research groups of the University of Antwerp, the university colleges of the AUHA, SOCs, spearhead clusters, research centers and companies active within the domain of infectious diseases and helps to build national and international networks.
More generally, your activities must always focus on the industrial valorization of new technologies and research results from the IOF valorization domain, with the aim of increasing the IOF parameters of the University of Antwerp and the AUHA colleges: industrial collaborations (P3), EU funding (P4), patents (P5) and spin-offs (P6). The focus for the Valorisation Manager is situated on P3, P4, P5 and P6.
Where a valorization manager associated with a consortium mainly focuses on the valorization of research projects from the consortium, the valorization manager for the valorisation domain works rather at a strategic level, with a particular focus on starting up ecosystems, developing pre-incubators and acquiring strategic investments from the governments and companies. This position requires strong and proactive cooperation with various stakeholders within and outside the university.
Profile and requirements
- You are holder of a medical/scientific master’s degree (physician, veterinarian, dentist, pharmacist, biologist, biomedical scientist). A doctoral degree in the domain of the IOF Valorisation domain is an additional asset.
- Demonstrable experience in valorisation of research related to one or more of the research domains within the IOF valorisation domain:
– Preventive and therapeutic vaccines: clinical research and development
– Development of therapeutics within the domain of infectious diseases (bacteria, viruses and parasites)
– Development of innovative diagnostic tools
– Health economics related to the prevention of infectious diseases
– Development of medical devices
- You possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, administrative and communication skills.
- Relevant work experience in both academic and industrial research is a strong asset.
- Experience in attracting external research funding from the private and public sector in the domain of applied research on national as well as international level is desirable.
- Knowledge of technology transfer processes needed to valorise academic research results and available technology as well as experience in managing a broad project portfolio is an advantage.
- Experience with EU projects and the related administration, as well as with various aspects of property rights management is recommended.
- Experience with governments and obtaining strategic financing.
- You are quality-oriented, honest, creative and collaborative.
- Given the challenging position in both national and international context, the candidate is expected to be fluent in Dutch and English. Additional knowledge of French is an asset.
- Good knowledge of current MS Office software.
- a permanent contract
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- flexible working hours;
- 40 days of holiday;
- reimbursement of public transport for home-work travel;
- bicycle allowance;
- expected Start date: as soon as possible.
Apply via the button below or contact Jeroen Smeulders for more information via 011 30 35 00.
De selectieprocedure verloopt exclusief via Motmans & Partners.