Valorisation Manager IOF Consortium Q-INSPEX
In the framework of its Industrial Research Fund (IOF) and in support of applied research the Antwerp University Association (AUHA) is seeking a full-time valorisation manager for the IOF consortium Q-INSPEX. The consortium consists of the following research groups: imec-Visionlab (VLAB), Antwerpen X-ray analysis, Electrochemistry and Speciation (AXES), Optic metrology, 3D-design and Mechanics (Op3Mech) en Erfgoedwetenschappen Antwerpen (ARCHES).
From a scientific-thematic point of view, the focus of the consortium’s research is on the development of non-invasive imaging to quantitatively image and inspect objects and persons. The main technologies herein are X-ray, (near) infrared and TeraHertz imaging. These technologies can be used as (i) an R&D tool to measure specific characteristics of materials (food, paintings, polymers, …), (ii) as a quality control procedure, implemented in an industrial environment (e.g. at high processing speeds) or (iii) field inspections of crops and infrastructure (e.g., corrosion). In addition, they can be applied in a wide range of fields: production of composites, works of art, archeology, textiles, crops, food, etc…
- You consolidate and expand the research consortium from a valorisation management perspective with the aim of:
- Stimulating co-operation with industry
- Building up a knowledge and IP portfolio of potential interest to industry
- Exploring new opportunities for collaboration and valorisation;
- You will collaborate with industry to explore opportunities for new research topics with the aim of capitalising upon the existing expertise in the research consortium;
- You will stimulate from within the IOF consortium (interdisciplinary) collaboration with other faculties/departments/research groups of the university, as well as with the university colleges belonging to the association (AUHA), and create national and international collaborative networks;
- At the University of Antwerp you work closely with valorisation managers, research managers, lawyers and other experts;
- You help develop the consortium’s strategy, roadmap and collaborations. You will become the single point of contact for the Q-INSPEX consortium for internal and external stakeholders.
In summary, your efforts will be focused on industrial valorisation of innovative research results and technologies obtained within the consortium aiming to contribute to the IOF-parameters of the association (AUHA): doctorates (P1), A1-publications and citations (P2), industrial collaborations (P3), EU funding (P4), patents (P5) and spin-offs (P6). The focus for the valorisation manager is situated on P3, P4, P5 and P6.
- You are holder of a master degree in sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, informatics) or engineering. A doctoral degree in the domain of The research consortium is an additional asset;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant expertise in research or organization of research related to 1 or more of its research domains:
- X-ray imaging (applied to industrial inspection)
- X-ray diffraction and fluorescence
- Visual inspection systems
- Terahertz or infrared imaging
- Remote sensing
- You possess excellent management, administrative and communication skills and experience with contractmanagement;
- Relevant work experience in both academic and industrial research is a strong asset;
- Experience in attracting external research funding from the private and public sector in the domain of applied research on national as well as international level is desirable;
- Knowledge of technology transfer processes needed to valorise academic research results and available technology as well as experience in managing a broad project portfolio is an advantage;
- Experience with EU projects and the related administration is also an advantage;
- Given the challenging position in both national and international context, the candidate is expected to be fluent in Dutch and English. Additional knowledge of French is an asset;
- You are quality-oriented, honest, creative and collaborative;
- Good knowledge of current MS Office software.
- A permanent contract;
- A full time gross monthly salary depending on your academic qualifications and professional experience;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- 40 days of holiday and 1 week of collective closing (1 week between Christmas and New Year);
- Reimbursement of public transport for home-work travel;
- Bicycle allowance;
- Expected Start date: as soon as possible
Applications can be send by the button below.
Please contact Jeroen Smeulders for more information: +32 11 30 35 00.
The recruitment process is
exclusively coordinated by Motmans & Partners.